Monday, September 13, 2010

Missing Daddy



We are, of course, all missing Daddy who is already in Tokyo. The first week was tough as my son and I both got sick, I had to outdo him of course and let it turn into strep throat.

Communicating with my husband has been entirely through Skype and during his early morning when they first open the doors at his Tokyo law firm. It's not ideal but he doesn't have Internet at the house we are renting.

The house is also proving to be less than wonderful in many ways. It is old and apparently not insulated at all. It was very very hot this past week, even late at night. We Northern Californians are weather wimps and so we melt easily and freeze easily.

Back here in the Bay Area we are having our typical, wonderful, late summer weather. We can still play outside in the backyard after I pick up the kids from school. I'm really relishing the personal space and privacy of our yard, not to mention the apples which are ripening. We are also enjoying watching the birds discover the grapes/raisins on our Roger Red grape vine.

No comments:

Post a Comment